Scriptable object doesn't added to global references in build

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
amlify5

Scriptable object doesn't added to global references in build

Post by amlify5 »

It's very frustrating that <SO -scriptable object> 's reference doens't added automatically.
Its totally ok in Unity editor, but in Android build, the SO's references always null or can not find ID.
When I add the SO's reference manually by click right mouse click context menu, it works fine in build.
I checked auto reference update in setting surely.
And When I press the 'Refresh' and 'Optimize' button in order, the number of references increase. It means that the newly added SO was not added to the reference list at first.
What am I missing? And How can I fix this? Can I delete the ES3 and reimport it without ruining my project?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Scriptable object doesn't added to global references in build

Post by Joel »

Hi there and sorry to hear you've been encountering issues.

I don't appear to be able to replicate this at my end. Please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene and private message it to me with instructions?

It's very strange that is works in the Editor and not in build as we just maintain a list of references: nothing happens during the build process which would cause anything in the reference manager to change.

Also would you be able to confirm what version of Easy Save and Unity you are using? You can find the Easy Save version by going to Plugins > Easy Save 3 > Change Log.

Please could you also let me know what errors/warnings you're getting which indicate that the issue is that the reference is missing at runtime?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started