HideFlags.DontSave error preventing build

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
HairlessGorilla

HideFlags.DontSave error preventing build

Post by HairlessGorilla »

Hi,
I just added easy save to my project, and setup autosave, but now whenever i build the project, i got about 200 errors saying things like:

Code: Select all

An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave but is included in the build:
Asset: 'Library/unity editor resources'
Asset name: Hidden/2D Handles Dotted Lines
(You are probably referencing internal Unity data in your build.)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()

I tried following the steps on this post: https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2814, but it still doesn't work.
If I delete the Easy Save Manager object, everything works fine, but only when I re-add it do my builds fail.
Is there a reason for this?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: HideFlags.DontSave error preventing build

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've had another report of this but haven't been sent anything which allows me to replicate it of current. It's an unusual error because our code explicitly ignores anything with HideFlags.DontSave.

Please could you create a minimal project which replicates this and private message it to me with instructions.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
HairlessGorilla

Post by HairlessGorilla »

I figured out the problem for my case, but I assume other cases may be different.
I had the asset Vegetation Spawner https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t ... ner-177192 installed, and having an object with the component VegetationSpawner added to it causes the build to fail. But this only occurs when an Easy Save Manager object is in the scene, so there seems to be an incompatibility with the two assets.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This will be because something marked as HideFlags.DontSave is being added to the manager. However, we actively stop objects with these HideFlags from being added, so I suspect the asset is only adding this flag at build time. However, it's not possible for me to tell without being able to replicate it at my end.

All the best,
Joel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for sending the repro project over.

Your reference manager seems to be referencing a lot of things which aren't dependencies of your scene. When I pressed Optimize on the Easy Save 3 Manager so it removed things which are no longer dependencies of your scene, it removed the errors for me and they don't appear to have returned. Removing the reference manager and re-adding it would also resolve this.

If you have any instructions on how to make the errors return after these steps then I'm happy to look into it further.

All the best,
Joel
IgorCarmo

Post by IgorCarmo »

Oh my god... thank you so much!!
I've been having this same error for days (180 error messages) no forum could answer me. So I was deleting objects one by one and doing the build until I deleted the easy save manager and the build worked, so I found the answer here and I already did the optimization and it worked...

Thank you very much, seriously!