- Post your Feature Requests in this thread -

Vote for new features, or make your own requests here.
nFighter

Re: - Post your Feature Requests in this thread -

Post by nFighter »

Joel wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:56 am I've been having an experiment today and this is indeed possible, and will be added in the next update. In the meantime I'll private message over an update the update, which includes a Save Multiple and Load Multiple action.
Hey! Not sure if I'm doing it right but I tweaked your Load Multiple action by adding an additional value.GetValue().
So the main part looks like this:

Code: Select all

value.SetValue(ES3.Load<object>(key.Value, value.GetValue(), GetSettings()));
this way it will not stop the whole FSM with an error if there is no such key in the file but will just use the current variable value instead. I believe it's much more convenient than assigning additional "Default Value" (as it was made in Load action). And definitely better than just getting an error that stops the FSM. What do you think, is it an acceptable solution to include it in official ES3? :roll:
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

nFighter wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:38 am
Joel wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:56 am I've been having an experiment today and this is indeed possible, and will be added in the next update. In the meantime I'll private message over an update the update, which includes a Save Multiple and Load Multiple action.
Hey! Not sure if I'm doing it right but I tweaked your Load Multiple action by adding an additional value.GetValue().
So the main part looks like this:

Code: Select all

value.SetValue(ES3.Load<object>(key.Value, value.GetValue(), GetSettings()));
this way it will not stop the whole FSM with an error if there is no such key in the file but will just use the current variable value instead. I believe it's much more convenient than assigning additional "Default Value" (as it was made in Load action). And definitely better than just getting an error that stops the FSM. What do you think, is it an acceptable solution to include it in official ES3? :roll:
Hi there,

There are very common situations where it is necessary for people to be alerted that the file does not exist (using the Error state) so that they can perform initialisation, and specifying a default value by default would prevent customers from being able to do this.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
NoPants

Post by NoPants »

Could I get ConcurrentDictionary added as a supported type?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

NoPants wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:01 pm Could I get ConcurrentDictionary added as a supported type?
Hi there,

ConcurrentDictionary is already supported as it implements IDictionary. However, be aware that it's not possible to serialize the concurrency level at runtime as C# provides no way to get the concurrency level of a constructed ConcurrentDictionary, so any loaded ConcurrentDictionaries will have the default concurrency level.

All the best,
Joel
NoPants

Post by NoPants »

Ok weird. I'll try something else, but I'm getting this error.

NotSupportedException: Generic type "System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2[Assets.Scripts.Enum.ResourceType,CodeStage.AntiCheat.ObscuredTypes.ObscuredDouble]" is not supported by Easy Save.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

NoPants wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:34 am Ok weird. I'll try something else, but I'm getting this error.

NotSupportedException: Generic type "System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2[Assets.Scripts.Enum.ResourceType,CodeStage.AntiCheat.ObscuredTypes.ObscuredDouble]" is not supported by Easy Save.
Hi there,

Is the CodeStage.AntiCheat.ObscuredTypes.ObscuredDouble a supportable type? I.e. do you get the same error with a ConcurrentDictionary<int,int>?

All the best,
Joel
NoPants

Post by NoPants »

Yea, it's a struct, I haven't had any problems with serializing it previously.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

NoPants wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:04 am Yea, it's a struct, I haven't had any problems with serializing it previously.
Do you get the same error with a ConcurrentDictionary<int,int>?
NoPants

Post by NoPants »

Sorry for the delay. Ya, I'm still getting the same error.
"NotSupportedException: Generic type "System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2[System.Int32,System.Int32]" is not supported by Easy Save."
Attachments
snip.JPG
snip.JPG (27.24 KiB) Viewed 7494 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

NoPants wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:57 am Sorry for the delay. Ya, I'm still getting the same error.
"NotSupportedException: Generic type "System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2[System.Int32,System.Int32]" is not supported by Easy Save."
Hi there,

First, please ensure that you're using the latest version of Easy Save. If updating doesn't resolve the issue, please could you contact me via the form at moodkie.com/contact with a link to a new project with a simple scene which replicates your issue.

All the best,
Joel