REQUEST EXAMPLES AND TUTORIALS HERE

Examples using Easy Save's API code
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: REQUEST EXAMPLES AND TUTORIALS HERE

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Once you've created the ES3Type you don't need to do anything with it, you just need to attach an ES3AutoSave component to the GameObject containing the component if you want it to be AutoSaved.

Note that if you're using ES3.Save and ES3.Load rather than AutoSave, your Component is automatically supported and doesn't need an ES3Type.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Twitter - Unity

sjarman

Post by sjarman »

Hi - I'm trying to make use of the ES3Spreadsheet functionality to load in some game data. I'm struggling to get it working though. I have a simple csv file sitting in the Assets folder (which I believe is the default path?) but when I just user the example code to try to load it up, I get the following error:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream

I'm guessing it's not finding the file.

Are you able to elaborate on how it can/should be used? Can TextAssets be loaded to it from the Resources folder?

Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

sjarman wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:45 am
Hi - I'm trying to make use of the ES3Spreadsheet functionality to load in some game data. I'm struggling to get it working though. I have a simple csv file sitting in the Assets folder (which I believe is the default path?) but when I just user the example code to try to load it up, I get the following error:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream

I'm guessing it's not finding the file.

Are you able to elaborate on how it can/should be used? Can TextAssets be loaded to it from the Resources folder?
Hi there,

There is an example of using ES3Spreadsheet in the ES3Spreadsheet guide:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... and-excel/

As your request sounds more around troubleshooting an error, please could you create a new project with a basic scene which replicates this and private message it to me?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Twitter - Unity