Save and Load Prefab Instances using Auto Save

Examples which use the ES3AutoSave and ES3Prefab Components, which do not require code.

Save and Load Prefab Instances using Auto Save

Postby Joel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:12 am

This is a basic example of saving and loading prefabs which are instantiated at runtime, using the ES3 Auto Save and ES3 Prefab Components provided with Easy Save. These Components are attached to the prefabs we are going to instantiate.

ES3 Auto Save loads any saved prefabs when the scene is loaded, and saves instantiated prefabs when the application is quit or paused.

Note:
  • Easy Save should be installed in your project before importing this example. The example is located in Assets/Easy Save 3/Examples/.
  • All examples are only provided as an educational sample, and may need modification for your purposes. They are provided without warranty.
Attachments
Save and Load Prefabs Instantiated at Runtime using Auto Save.unitypackage
(51.08 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Joel Tebbett @ Moodkie Interactive
Twitter - Unity - LinkedIn
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Save and Load Prefab Instances using Auto Save

Postby EasySaver » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Hey! Thanks for the example, i would really appreciate more examples of using the EasySave3 Autosave feature, specifically with saving instantiated game-objects with multiple variables. The main reason im writing this, is that it seems that the example provided here doesnt seem to use the Autosave prefabs at all and instead uses the prefabmanager from the easysave2 example. The instantiated prefabs are also the ones from the easy save 2 example
EasySaver

Postby Joel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. It looks like we uploaded the wrong example. I've just updated the attachment so it should be the correct one.

All the best,
Joel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Postby Joel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Mephialtes wrote:Is there some reason that the Cylinder Prefabs contain 2 ES3 Prefab components? I'm assuming this was in error and was going to go on about my day. But I figured id bring it up in case others were confused in the future as well.

Thanks for this example though.

This is indeed unintentional. I'll see about getting this fixed.

All the best,
Joel
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Return to Auto Save Examples