Some question (playmaker)

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
gozda

Re: Some question (playmaker)

Post by gozda »

Hello again,

Why time to time, file where i keep some information change to something like that:

http://screenshot.sh/n9HUY8m0FDld4

i cant read this i cant do anything.
I dont know when this happend and what.
Can you help?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This happens when something tries to apply an encoding to the file, when the file is meant to be an unencoded binary file.

For example, some text editors try to apply an encoding to the file when you open it. Some servers also attempt to apply an encoding to data when downloading data from the server.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
gozda

Post by gozda »

Hmm...
I use ES in server application and there some FSM reading or saving in the same file on the same time, so thats the reason?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you're using Easy Save with MySQL and the PHP file, writing simultaneously shouldn't be an issue because MySQL locks the row to prevent issues like this from happening.

It's more likely that your server is applying an encoding to the data when downloading it. If this is the case, it's most likely it's trying to apply UTF8 encoding. You can tell if the downloaded file is UTF8 encoded by attaching the following script to any GameObject in your scene, and entering the same filename into the script's filename field as you used to save the data, and run the scene. Alternatively, if you upload the file to something like WeTransfer and send me the link, I'll let you know whether something has tried to UTF encode it or not.

I'm absolutely certain that something has tried to apply an encoding to it though, because it's converted all of the bytes of the file to characters.

All the best,
Joel
gozda

Post by gozda »

Thanks

For me will be simpler if i will send you a file.

https://we.tl/gATEhVmm93
gozda

Post by gozda »

For manage .txt files i use only ES.
How to solve this and its possible that will never happend again?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've just opened the file you sent me and it appears to be working fine? I opened it up in the File Editor (Assets > Easy Save 2 > File Editor) and I can see the three tags and their values are stored correctly.

The strange characters you are seeing when you open the file will be because the Text Editor is trying to apply an encoding to the data, Easy Save stores data in binary format, so it is not readable in a text editor.

If you're receiving an error, please could you let me know what the error is?

Thanks,
Joel
gozda

Post by gozda »

I got strange thing,
I have opened 2 differend projects and i open file in both, in 1st i see data correctly in 2nd i see "This tag requires a password to view", but i got this "change coding" again and this looks like this still working fine, server can handle with that. I am not sure what think about that, be worried or no...
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Are you using encryption at all? The "This tag requires a password to view" message should only appear if you're using encryption, in which case you'll need to enter the password. If you've not enabled encryption for that tag anywhere (i.e. the encrypt checkbox isn't checked in any of your Playmaker actions, would you be able to send me the file?

Also I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "change coding". Would you be able to clarify?

All the best,
Joel
gozda

Post by gozda »

Client app have encryption at all actions using save or load, but server app dosnt have any. Client send to server simple string(decoded). On server machine if i going to path where the .txt file is, i see excacly this what i send from client(simple string). I checked 2 times at all server actions in playmaker if they use encryption, and they dont, in ES settings Chechbox for encryption is off. But still sometimes data in .txt file change to this "chinesse signs"? and its not regular. But when this changed i checked if server can handle with that and he is doing well. But for me this is problem, becouse i use VPN server without dedicated graphic card, so i have to run server app from console and server is runung in background. I cant see what happend in server i can check only .txt file, but when this changed to this "chinesse sign" i event cant see file.
Its only Beta server for game so i just worried for future.

This information "This tag requires a password to view", i got on this file what i send to you.

"Change coding" its that chineese signs