ES2 -> ES3 Playmaker Upgrade

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
thatscraigz

ES2 -> ES3 Playmaker Upgrade

Post by thatscraigz »

Hi Joel!

Few quick questions about upgrading to ES3 from ES2, using Playmaker :)
1. Is there anything specific I would need to do when upgrading from using Easy Save 2 to Easy Save 3 when using Playmaker, other than just using the ES3 actions?
2. Do you know if I'm able to use the Easy Save 2/3 actions interchangeably? Or would I need to go through and swap all my old ES2 actions for their ES3 equivalents?
3. Is there anything special I need to do when it comes to my users data? Or can I read in their old save files for things no problem?

Thanks for all the great support! :D
-craigz
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: ES2 -> ES3 Playmaker Upgrade

Post by Joel »

Hi Craigz,

Easy Save 2 data is not compatible with Easy Save 3, so I would only recommend upgrading if your project isn't live. If you did want to upgrade existing data, you would need to load it using the ES2 actions, and then re-save it using the ES3 actions.

Also note that in Easy Save 3 we have a single Save action and a single load action, rather than a Save action for each PlayMaker type. In the action you select the type of data you're saving/loading. Also note that instead of a single Exists action, we now have a File Exists and Directory Exists action to make things less confusing.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
thatscraigz

Post by thatscraigz »

Hey Joel!

Ah! Project is definitely live, though thankfully have a (somewhat) silo'd saving system :) good call on the resaving as ES3.

haha gosh, a huge part of my potential upgrade is for the single save/load type and error control, so handy :)

Thanks again!
-craigz
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad that's all working for you now craigz, let me know if you run into anything else :)

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started