WP8.1 build errors

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
sgoffman

WP8.1 build errors

Post by sgoffman »

My project compiles successfully for Windows Phone 8, but if I switch to 8.1 (Platform "Windows Store", SDK "Phone 8.1"), then the build fails with an error for each ES2 call, e.g.:

Reference Rewriter: Error: type `System.IO.File` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from ES2.dll at System.Void ES2FileUtility::Delete(System.String)

It seems like selecting that platform/SDK does not trigger ES2 to use its WP8 DLL. Or I'm configuring something incorrectly...

-Scott
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: WP8.1 build errors

Post by Joel »

Hi Scott,

We're not getting this error at our end. Would you be able to tell us the version of Unity and Easy Save that you're using? Also make sure you're using the latest versions of the WP8 and Metro plugins by going to Assets > Easy Save 2 and selecting Install or Update Windows Phone 8 and Install and Update Windows Store.

If that doesn't solve your problem, PM me over your invoice number and I'll send over a UnityPackage containing the DLLs we're using in Easy Save v2.6.2.

We're currently aware of a bug in Unity 5 where choosing Windows Store with the Phone 8.1 SDK causes a different error. In this case, it's necessary to go Assets/Plugins, select ES2.dll and MoodkieSecurity.dll and untick the boxes for WP8 and WSA in their Import Settings. However, judging by the error message you're getting, it's ignoring the DLLs entirely, which points to a bug at Unity's end.

All the best,
Joel
sgoffman

Post by sgoffman »

Thanks Joel. I'm using Unity 4.5.5f1, Easy Save 2.61, and further testing indicates that the problem is not on your end; adding platform-dependent "#if UNITY_WP8" blocks are also not being included. I probably need to update my Unity version as a next step.

I'm able to work around the problem by manually copying the WP8 ES2 DLLs to my exported Project, so this isn't a showstopper.

Regards,

-Scott
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with this Scott.

Let us know if you work out what the problem is, or if you need any more assistance.

All the best,
Joel
sgoffman

Post by sgoffman »

Just an update in case anyone else runs into this, Joel sent me the EasySave 2.6.2 Metro DLLs and they fixed the problem. So thanks Joel!

-Scott