save game object with integer between scenes?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
ProfessorJay

save game object with integer between scenes?

Post by ProfessorJay »

Good evening,
I have a bit of a problem. I have a dont destroy on load game object with a treasure integer that changes scenes and has treasure added to it in each new scene. this object that has the treasure integer on it starts in the only scene that I am using ES3 in, so that only when the player returns to the scene the treasure integer should be saved. IF i quit out in the easy save scene everything works fine and the integer is loaded on restart, however if i go to a different scene, buy or add to the integer and then go back to the original scene with easy save on it, the integer shows as accurate but if i quit and restart the game object reverts to the original amount as if it was not saved. is there something i am doing wrong?

the treasure object has a prefab that is made for ES3 and each scene also has a treasure integer prefab in it (but not ES3, just the first scene has it) thus when the player moves from the initial ES3 scene the treasure integer game object goes with and then takes takes the place of any other object like itself in the scene.

Thats long winded but hopefully you know what i mean.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: save game object with integer between scenes?

Post by Joel »

Hi there, and thanks for getting in contact.

Please could you replicate this in a new project with very basic scenes and private message it to me with instructions so I can see what is happening? It's difficult to understand what could be happening from what you've described.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ProfessorJay

Re: save game object with integer between scenes?

Post by ProfessorJay »

Thanks for your reply! I will try to replicate it and send you a message this week after i try a few more things I thought of today.