Enable prefab save / load of certain properties only , how?

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
pierrenay

Enable prefab save / load of certain properties only , how?

Post by pierrenay »

Hi, i use easy save manager to dynamically save prefab instances which gets re-loaded during runtime. I do this by saving an array indexed with these game objects and reload the array accordingly.

The question
The only thing that changes on these prefabs are playmaker FSM variables, how can i save and load these prefab fsm data variables only, this to avoid other objects such as textures , fonts, sprites and so on.

I also am not clear on what the new option ( exclude objects) in easy save manager does?
thanks in advance.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Enable prefab save / load of certain properties only , how?

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

FSM Variables must be saved and loaded using the PlayMaker actions from within an FSM. In this case you would need to make an FSM on the objects which load the FSM variables after the GameObject is loaded (e.g. using the Start event). Then after loading you would need to call an event on these prefab instances FSMs which loads their variables.

You can also use an ES3GameObject Component to ensure that none of the Components are saved.

Exclude Objects is a list of objects which won't be added to the reference manager. We don't currently document this and should only use it when requested to as for the vast majority of cases it shouldn't be used.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started