Save All not saving

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Seiryu32

Save All not saving

Post by Seiryu32 »

So this is been a puzzle. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm asking again. Save All fails to save/load data. All progress gets reset after restart. All other save/load functions work except. I have no explanation. Interestingly enough, it WILL save Variables but not the states. I've been following this tutorial:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xeVVYqQDP ... tlcg%3D%3D

I can't figure out what is going on.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Save All not saving

Post by Joel »

Hi there,
it WILL save Variables but not the states
The Save All/Save actions in PlayMaker are for saving FsmVariables. It won't save the state and it's not possible to do so at runtime. For more information see the documentation:

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... ll-action/

Instead you would need to save something which tells you which state to go to, and then manually get PlayMaker to go to this state.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Seiryu32

Post by Seiryu32 »

That being said, how WOULD I go about saving/loading things like lifebars? My biggest issue is that while Variables will save/load, the assets they're used on reset.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

That would very much depend on how the lifebar is implemented. However, usually you would save the value of the lifebar (i.e. % or health points, or however your lifebar is implemented). Then when you load, you would load that value and assign it back to your lifebar, or do whatever operations are required to refresh the GUI of that lifebar.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started