GetFiles() problem after update

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
BFA

GetFiles() problem after update

Post by BFA »

Hi, just updated Easysave to 3.5.4 (from 3.4.2) and am having the exact issue detailed here: https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... path#p7680

In 3.5.4 it looks like the 'path' variable includes the filename, causing GetFiles to fail (as the path should not include a filename). In 3.4.2, this variable is just a path with no filename, and everything works.

What do you recommend to fix this?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: GetFiles() problem after update

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you private message me your invoice number I can send over an update which should address this.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
BFA

Post by BFA »

Hi Joel thanks for the update but it didn't resolve our issue.

After updating easysave, it appears that virtually all of our save/load tests hard crash Unity even with es 3.5.6.

A test that doesn't crash but simply fails now (whereas it passes with the pre-update version of es) returns this error:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException : Could not find a part of the path '/Users/work/Library/Application Support/DefaultCompany/Citybuilder/SaveFile.es3'.

It seems odd that it's trying to use the default filename as part of the path, could that be part of the problem? We don't use the default filename in our project so not sure why it's showing up here.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you send me a script which I can drop into a new scene in a new project which replicates your issue so I can see what is happening, along with a screenshot of your settings (Tools > Easy Save 3 > Settings) with the Advanced Settings foldout open.

Judging by the error it looks like the relevant files aren't updating, so I would recommend deleting the Plugins/Easy Save 3/ folder, then going to the Package Manager and re-downloading and re-importing Easy Save.

Note that I've tried replicating this using the following code in a new project with the latest version of Easy Save imported from the Asset Store and it appears to work fine for me:

Code: Select all

using UnityEngine;

public class GetFilesTest : MonoBehaviour
{
    // Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {
        ES3.Save("key", 123, "File1.es3");
        ES3.Save("key", 123, "File2.es3");
        ES3.Save("key", 123, "File3.es3");
        var files = ES3.GetFiles();
        foreach (var file in files)