Saved/Loaded GameObjects losing their Mesh

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
amy

Saved/Loaded GameObjects losing their Mesh

Post by amy »

Hello, I'm a long time user and a big fan of Easy Save, it's been a great time saver and you've been incredibly helpful previously when I've needed support.

I'm currently experiencing a strange issue when loading GameObjects. They're player-placed GameObjects, instantiated in-game and simultaneously added to a List when spawned. I was then saving this List on close and Loading on start, and the Objects would all appear where the player had placed them, and everything was peachy.

Then unexpectedly, the GameObjects started loading in without a mesh attached to their meshFilter, and so did not appear in game, even though they existed in the hierarchy. They even load the attached material correctly, with the mesh renderer and all components they were saved with - just with a tragically empty Mesh slot in the mesh filter :")

I've been trying to reproduce this in a smaller test project (mainly to send to you,) but in the smaller, contained test it's frustratingly functional - loading a list of GameObjects loads their meshes, materials and all components as expected.

I'm continuing to try and get the smaller project to break in the same way, but I was wondering whether this sounded like a familiar problem at all? I'm hoping I've done something silly and that it's a common enough issue that a repro isn't needed :lol:

Would be grateful for any help! Thanks,
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saved/Loaded GameObjects losing their Mesh

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Are you getting any warnings in the console (also check that warnings are enabled in the console)? Usually missing Meshes indicates that a reference to the Mesh could not be found. If this is the case the last section of this guide should help:

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... eferences/

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started