alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Notso

alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold

Post by Notso »

alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold should not be modified on a texture not readeable or not using Crunch Compression

I was reading another thread about this similar but I have so many textures and so many prefabs, is there any way to just tell es3 to NOT save textures at all?
Like in the ES3 type or something?
I only turn renderers on or off, no texture manipulation at all so no need to read/writ elet alone save it.
I have been at this for over an hour making textures read/write etc to try to bypass, and working on es3 gameobject but some prefabs have 10 children renderers as well (like weapons)

Also the es3gameobject, ion the other thread you said to use it and uncheck the renderer to not save it. All boxes are already unchecked, does it work that if I check nothing it saves nothing or I check what I don't want saved?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The Choosing what is Saved guide describes how to choose what is and isn't saved:

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... -is-saved/

Regarding your ES3GameObject question, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Only Components selected will be saved when saving that GameObject. If no components are selected, no components will be saved when saving that GameObject. Note that ES3GameObject doesn't perform any saving, it just tells Easy Save what to save when you do save something.
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Notso

Post by Notso »

I have read all that. What I am saying is I am still getting this error which is from easy save and refers to one for the prefabinstances.
However I have goner through all the ones I could find and set all textures to write and it still happens. I do not need any textures saved but it appears it is saving/loading them anyway.
I went into estypes_image (as referenced in the error) and unchecked all. I still get that error and can't load properly.
(The 3 references to my scripts are my load process, the last being prefabs

Code: Select all

prefabInstances = ES3.Load("prefabInstances", new List<GameObject>());
InvalidOperationException: alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold should not be modified on a texture not readeable or not using Crunch Compression.
UnityEngine.UI.Image.set_alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold (System.Single value) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/UI/Core/Image.cs:640)
ES3Types.ES3Type_Image.ReadComponent[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/Component Types/ES3Type_Image.cs:80)
ES3Types.ES3ComponentType.ReadUnityObject[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ComponentType.cs:36)
ES3Types.ES3UnityObjectType.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3UnityObjectType.cs:64)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType.ReadInto[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:75)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadComponents (ES3Reader reader, UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:226)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:176)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType.ReadInto[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:75)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:136)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType.Read[T] (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:52)
ES3Reader.ReadObject[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:253)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:282)
ES3Types.ES3CollectionType.ReadICollection[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[T] collection, ES3Types.ES3Type elementType) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3CollectionType.cs:52)
ES3Types.ES3ArrayType.Read (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3ArrayType.cs:36)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:278)
ES3Reader.Read[T] () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:126)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:169)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:136)
ES3Types.ES3ObjectType.Read[T] (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/ES3ObjectType.cs:52)
ES3Reader.ReadObject[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:253)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:282)
ES3Types.ES3CollectionType.ReadICollection[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[T] collection, ES3Types.ES3Type elementType) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3CollectionType.cs:52)
ES3Types.ES3ArrayType.Read (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3ArrayType.cs:36)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:278)
ES3Reader.Read[T] () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:126)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.ReadObject[T] (ES3Reader reader, System.Object obj) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:169)
ES3Types.ES3ListType.Read (ES3Reader reader) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3ListType.cs:64)
ES3Reader.Read[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:216)
ES3.Load[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:507)
ES3.Load[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:469)
NotsoSave.Load () (at Assets/Dev/Scripts/NotsoSave.cs:124)
NotsoSave.clearinventorylists () (at Assets/Dev/Scripts/NotsoSave.cs:108)
NotsoSave.Update () (at Assets/Dev/Scripts/NotsoSave.cs:47)
Notso

Post by Notso »

Since that post was long I just used reply instead of edit...
I am not sure this was the best solution but I deleted the es3type_image (since I don't need it at all) and the error went away and I am able to now save and load fine.
Searched the forums and even found the saveactive script that I incorporated for things as well.
Now I just need it to save/load my door transforms (open or closed values) and I can then turn towards the toughest part, the AI script saving.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad you managed to find a solution.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started