Migrate existing ES3Cloud setup (including DB and data) to another server

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Krakentanz

Migrate existing ES3Cloud setup (including DB and data) to another server

Post by Krakentanz »

Hey there, i think i need some pointers...

Our game uses EasySave3 for world-loading-and-saving stuff. Works fine and was a great enabler so far!

Now, we're moving away from our develompent setup and slowly getting near release, which means the ES3Cloud.php needs to move from our local-network-linux-server to some publicly hosted one. The data created so far on the dev-server needs to move to! I thought that would be just a matter of dumping the databases used and importing the dump on the web-hosted system, where a copy of the ES3Cloud.php already awaits it.

Problem is: the database-user that was created when installing ES3Cloud.php on the local development server doesn't have privileges to dump the database in mysql.

Is there a way to get those user-privileges in mysql? Do you have a password for the root-user?
Or is there another way to move the data already created over to our production-system?

Help appreciated!! Thx for all your hard work!!

Philipp | Krakentanz
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Migrate existing ES3Cloud setup (including DB and data) to another server

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately we can only help with Easy Save related issues, whereas this is more a general question about dumping data from a MySQL database. I recommend asking on somewhere such as the Database Administrators Stack Exchange where there will be people more capable of answering your question.

Just a note: Easy Save doesn't create any MySQL users or databases. When you run ES3Cloud.php it asks for you to enter the username and password of a user you have already created, and the details of an existing database. The ES3Cloud.php just installs tables onto an existing database as the user you have provided.

You'll be glad to hear that migrating just requires you to transfer the ES3Cloud.php and ES3Variables.php over to your new server, transfer the tables (with data) over to the new MySQL database, and then update the database and user details in the ES3Variables.php file. Alternatively you can just follow the setup instructions on your new server, and then just transfer the data from your old server to your new server.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Krakentanz

Re: Migrate existing ES3Cloud setup (including DB and data) to another server

Post by Krakentanz »

Ah, i see, thanks for the reply! I forgot about the details of the installation process - it's been a while ;)

Thx as always for the quick and competent feedback :D i'll figure something out