Value conversion issue with 64bit iOS

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
lostcitygamez

Value conversion issue with 64bit iOS

Post by lostcitygamez »

Please forgive me if this is another issue on the Unity side. I am using the latest version of Easy Save 2 along with the latest version of Playmaker. When I build the game for iOS using the new IL2CPP feature (which is now required for new app submissions) I get met with (literally) around 270 errors in Xcode (version 6.1.). Most of the errors specifically mention Easy Save 2 and "Value Conversion Issues." I use Easy Save 2 and Playmaker to save and load values for levels unlocked and secrets unlocked. These issues break my game. However, when I build the game on Android or 32bit iOS, these issues no longer exist. They are exclusive to the IL2CPP scripting backend.

Is there anyway around this bug or do I have to hold back my release until Unity 4.6.3p1 (which hopefully fixes these problems). Also, is anyone else having Value conversion issues with 64 bit iOS?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Value conversion issue with 64bit iOS

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've never seen or heard of this error before. I've had a quick search around and it looks like people have previously solved it by setting the architecture to ARM7.

Could you send us some the first 10 error messages so we can try to work out anything more specific from them?

Thanks,
Joel
lostcitygamez

Post by lostcitygamez »

Here is an image of some of the Xcode errors. Image These errors do not exist on 32 bit builds. I have my architecture set to universal.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

This definitely looks like an error at their end, given that a lot of the warnings are coming from their own scripts (and even mscorlib), not just Easy Save's library. They're actually warnings rather than errors, so you should be able to build anyway.

The strangest thing is that we're unable to replicate this. Have you changed any settings in Xcode or ran 'Validate Project Settings'? According to Unity, you shouldn't (see this post).

You may also want to try the fix suggested in that thread. Even though it's related to 5.1, the same settings apply. This thread also suggests changing to ARMV7 in Player Settings).

If that fix doesn't do anything for you, could you send me a screenshot of your Player Settings in Unity, and the Build Settings in Xcode? (just the Architectures and Build Options sections will do).

All the best,
Joel
RBhaniwal

Post by RBhaniwal »

I have same problem in my Xcode project.
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.23.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.23.40 PM.png (134.41 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
snapshot of build setting in Xcode --->
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.19.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.19.54 PM.png (33 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
snapshot of unity payer setting -->
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.17.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 2.17.09 PM.png (26.98 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
plz tell me solution of this problem.. because of this my game became unplayable.
i stuck on this problem from last month..plz help me if u know any kind of solution.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The warnings are caused at Unity's end during the IL2CPP process and are unrelated to Easy Save (it's mostly Unity's own libraries which throw these errors). In fact the particular warnings you posted in the screenshot are coming from SharpZipLib, which is definitely unrelated to Easy Save (there's no compression code in Easy Save as it doesn't require it).

Irregardless of this, because they're just warnings your app should still run fine and be approved, so I'm not sure why your game is unplayable. You will need to get in touch with Unity for more information on this matter.

All the best,
Joel