Web Save basic

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
gozda

Web Save basic

Post by gozda »

Hi

I never have contact with any data base, so please be patient

I was trying to do this tutorial:
http://www.moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=568
and first of all, need to do setup:
http://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-2/gui ... -from-web/
and i start do the setup section.

1st point - its clear.
2nd point - for this point i create acc at http://www.freesqldatabase.com and i can import ES2SQL.sql i think i got it
3rd point - i think this point its clear too
4th point - "enter the username and password which you will use in Unity when calling ES2Web functions." i am not sure what this mean, username and password the same what i use in point 3?
5th point - "5. Place the ES2.php file on your web server, and then enter the URL to the file into a web browser. If you have followed the previous steps correctly, you should see the message ‘ES2.php and MySQL database are working correctly‘." i dont know at all, what this means..
"Place the ES2.php file on your web serve" - where to upload the ES2.php? in MyPhpAdmin? googledrive? can you paste example like www?
" you should see the message ‘ES2.php and MySQL database are working correctly‘." - where i can see this message? in unity? on web?

Thanks
Gozda
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Web Save basic

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Regarding Point 4, this should be a username and password which is different to your database username and password (i.e. not the same as the username and password in Point 3), which you will use inside of Unity when making calls to ES2Web.

Regarding point 5: You need to put the PHP file on web space so that Unity can interface with it. You will need to find PHP-supported web hosting to do this. Google Drive will not do this, it must be a PHP-supported server (pretty much all web space supports PHP).

I can't suggest any particular web hosting for legal reasons, but searching Web Hosting into Google should come up with some provides.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
gozda

Post by gozda »

Hi

Nice, thanks, now its working.

There is way to save entire .txt file on web? and if its possible to see this file in phpmyadmin page?
i ask because i am not sure how to keep all player information in web, like: name, age, sex, score1, score2, level...

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You can use ES2Web.UploadFile and ES2Web.SaveToFile to upload and download a file. This will upload it to an individual tag on the database.

All the best,
Joel
gozda

Post by gozda »

Ok, again thanks.

I try something, i change table name in AdminMyPhp and i got error "04 table table could not be found"
How can i change table what i want to upload?

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save only works with the tables provided with Easy Save. It's intended as a data store, so it's not possible to arbitrarily upload values to individual columns of a custom table on a MySQL server.

All the best,
Joel
gozda

Post by gozda »

Thank you again

I try to get the best way for save multiple data in web
So i got questions
How can i save multiple data on web what are only from one player like:Name, time, lvl... and dont have mess on web? (I assume my game will play 1000000+ people:))

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Generally the best way to do this is to assign them a username and append it to the webfilename. The code itself is very efficient, so how many users it can handle is mostly dependant on how powerful your web server is :)

- Joel
gozda

Post by gozda »

And again thanks.

I testes this, and its working i created file, uploaded on web and download to local file. Cool when you want make a save/load player progres. Awesome
But when i want to download just a single variable i must download full file or there is way to get only wanted variable?
gozda

Post by gozda »

Sorry for spam i think i got it finally. For now i think i dont have any questions more.

Thank you for your patience :)

Regards,
Gozda