Some question (playmaker)

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
gozda

Re: Some question (playmaker)

Post by gozda »

I use playmaker 1.8.1. he was updated from 1.7.8.4. this work only with 1.8?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

It should work with any version 1.8 and above. I've just tried it at my end and it appears to be working fine.

Playmaker might be having trouble resetting the actions list. Try going to Assets/Playmaker/Actions/ and deleting ES2Playmaker.cs (and ES2Playmaker.dll if it's there), restarting Unity, and then reinstalling the action from the UnityPackage I attached.

- Joel
Attachments
GetTagsActionScreenshot.png
GetTagsActionScreenshot.png (63.26 KiB) Viewed 10505 times
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
gozda

Post by gozda »

Your method dosnt work, i have to uninstal ES2, install again, import package and use enable or update playmaker actions and now i got this actions.

gozda

Post by gozda »

I am not sure its action Get Tags work well, i got field Tag if i put here any string he show me in array all tags in file, if i set to none (red warning) still he gives me all tags.
I am thinking this should looks like this: When i put in Tag string like "player", he search for me all tags with tag player also player1, player2 and from now its on me to get data from specified tag player, player1, player2.. i am right?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

My apologies, because the action is a pre-release version, it's inheriting from one of our other classes to allow us to test it easier (this isn't the case when we release it).

The only fields which should be in the action are the filenames and path fields. I've updated the action so it should only show the required fields for you.

I've also uploaded it as a .cs file rather than a UnityPackage so you shouldn't get the problems you had before. Simply replace the action found at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ES2PlayMaker.cs with this one.

All the best,
Joel
Attachments
ES2PlayMaker.cs
(110.36 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
gozda

Post by gozda »

But older feathure was also great, i was searching for something like this for get tags only with specified name or specified key in name of tag. Can you do something like that? :D
Like:
i got tags
"Moodkie-1", "Moodkie-2", "Moodkie-3", "Moodkie1-0", "Moodkie1-1" and i am searching for variable with tag "Moodkie", as result i got: "Moodkie-1", "Moodkie-2", "Moodkie-3". Or get all variables "Moodkie" before separator "-".
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

This isn't too difficult to implement at our end, so I've gone ahead and added this functionality to the action.

It now has a regex field, which you can use to only return tags which match the regular expression. For example, if you just want to return tags which include "Moodkie", put "Moodkie" into the regex field.

All the best,
Joel
Attachments
ES2PlayMaker.cs
(110.9 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
gozda

Post by gozda »

You are amazing,
Thats very helpfull

Thank you.
gozda

Post by gozda »

Can you make action get path for specified .txt file?
Or just update Get tags and change path field for file field

Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You can supply a relative or absolute path for the path field, so if you created your file without specifying a full path, you can simply put the filename into the path field.

All the best,
Joel