Before upgrading from Easy Save 2 Beta ...

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
trothmaster

Before upgrading from Easy Save 2 Beta ...

Post by trothmaster »

Hey Guys, first off I love Easy Save, thanks for a great product! I have been using Easy Save 2 beta for a bunch of months now. Is there anything special I need to do before updating or should I just download the unity package from the asset store?

Thanks!
Last edited by Joel on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the title to something more descriptive.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re:

Post by Joel »

Thanks trothmaster!

There are a few things to take note of which we've added to the release notes, which you'll be able to see when Unity uploads it to the Asset Store.

Firstly, Web Functionality has changed massively. If you're using ES2.Download, ES2.Upload, etc, you will have to change your code to use the new ES2Web class, and update your ES2.php and ES2 MySQL database with the ones supplied.

Secondly, save files containing Dictionaries will not work with Easy Save 2 Release. We've changed the format to make it much quicker.

Finally, ES2.LoadAll and SaveMode.Append has been fully deprecated as they were causing too much confusion. SaveMode.Append might return in the future, but only for ES2.SaveRaw.

I should also note that 'File' is now the default save location for all platforms except Web Player.

If you're using Easy Save 2 Beta in an existing project, and it's working fine for you, I wouldn't worry about upgrading to ES2 Release.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started