"FormatException: File is not valid JSON." error

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
hawken

"FormatException: File is not valid JSON." error

Post by hawken »

I'm getting the following warning when using ES3, easy save functions are not working while this appears

Code: Select all

FormatException: File is not valid JSON. Expected '{' at beginning of file, but found '
ES3Internal.ES3JSONReader.SkipOpeningBraceOfFile () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3JSONReader.cs:473)
ES3Internal.ES3JSONReader..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream, .ES3Settings settings, Boolean readHeaderAndFooter) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3JSONReader.cs:33)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Is there a way to get this back on track?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: "FormatException: File is not valid JSON." error

Post by Joel »

Hi Hawken,

First, try deleting your save file and see if this fixes the issue. It could be that there's still data in the file from the previous update I sent you. You can clear all of your save data by going to Window > Easy Save 3 > Tools > Clear Default Save Folder.

If this does not fix your issue, please could you provide me with steps or a basic project to replicate it?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
chrisv007

Post by chrisv007 »

Hi, I'm having the same issue but only when encryption is activated. It seems that the system does not know that the file is encrypted?
For now I'll deactivate the encryption but I would like to reactivate it before I publish the game for security reasons.
Chris Verner
Chris Verner Studio
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

chrisv007 wrote:Hi, I'm having the same issue but only when encryption is activated. It seems that the system does not know that the file is encrypted?
For now I'll deactivate the encryption but I would like to reactivate it before I publish the game for security reasons.
Hi there,

There are many reasons why this error message can be caused. Please could you show me the code you are using so I can try to establish why this is happening? Otherwise I have no information to go on.

All the best,
Joel
chrisv007

Post by chrisv007 »

Joel wrote:
chrisv007 wrote:Hi, I'm having the same issue but only when encryption is activated. It seems that the system does not know that the file is encrypted?
Hi there,

There are many reasons why this error message can be caused. Please could you show me the code you are using so I can try to establish why this is happening? Otherwise I have no information to go on.

All the best,
Joel
Hi,

I tried encrypting the save file again this morning and this is the error I get:
FormatException: File is not valid JSON. Expected '{' at beginning of file, but found '�'.
ES3Internal.ES3JSONReader..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream, ES3Settings settings, System.Boolean readHeaderAndFooter) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3JSONReader.cs:39)
ES3Reader.Create (ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:314)
ES3.Load[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:303)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Load () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:42)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Awake () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:56)
If I don't enable encryption, everything works perfectly. I save info at multiple places in the game.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Chris Verner
Chris Verner Studio
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Chris,

The error message you mentioned happens if you try to load encrypted data when encryption is disabled. Are you certain encrypted is enabled?

Please could you PM me a basic project which replicates it, or show me the script you're using to save and load if you're enabling encryption manually?

All the best,
Joel
rizawerks

Post by rizawerks »

Hi,
I'm trying to run upload and download prefab as mentioned in https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1436
I have done cloud settings and it says succsess..I also have change the cloud an api keys but every time i run the sample scene it always said :

FormatException: File is not valid JSON. Expected '{' at beginning of file, but found '&'.
ES3Internal.ES3JSONReader..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream, ES3Settings settings, System.Boolean readHeaderAndFooter) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3JSONReader.cs:39)
ES3Reader.Create (ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Readers/ES3Reader.cs:322)
ES3.Load[T] (System.String key, T defaultValue, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:306)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Load () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:43)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Awake () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:57)

I tried clear persistent data path, tried enable / disable encryiption but none is working....
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The error shows that the data being returned by the server isn't in JSON format. This could be for a number of reasons:
  • The server is trying to apply the incorrect encoding to the data
  • The data is encrypted when it's sent to the server, but encryption isn't enabled for Auto Save
  • The file uploaded wasn't created using Easy Save
Please could you create a basic project which replicates this and private message it to me so I can try to understand what is happening?

All the best,
Joel
rizawerks

Post by rizawerks »

Joel wrote:Hi there,

The error shows that the data being returned by the server isn't in JSON format. This could be for a number of reasons:
  • The server is trying to apply the incorrect encoding to the data
  • The data is encrypted when it's sent to the server, but encryption isn't enabled for Auto Save
  • The file uploaded wasn't created using Easy Save
Please could you create a basic project which replicates this and private message it to me so I can try to understand what is happening?

All the best,
Joel
Hi, after some research, i found the problem..
the problem is in ES3Variables.php ( after installed ES3Cloud.php )
I don't know why, but the header of ES3Variables start with '<?php' intead of '<?php' and also the end is '?> instead of '?>'
So I simply change ES3Variables.php, change the header and the end and put it back to my host...then it's working.
Thanks,