Errors on Build

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
shamo

Errors on Build

Post by shamo »

Hi,
Just purchased your software.
After a long day figuring out how to implement Easy Save with Playmaker, I finally got it working as needed.
When going to build though, I'm getting the following errors:

Any help appreciated, thanks.

ArgumentException: The scene is invalid.
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene.GetRootGameObjects (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 rootGameObjects) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/SceneBindings.gen.cs:58)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene.GetRootGameObjects () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/SceneBindings.gen.cs:45)
ES3ReferenceMgr.GenerateReferences () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3ReferenceMgr.cs:39)
ES3ReferenceMgr.OnBeforeSerialize () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3ReferenceMgr.cs:17)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Build completed with a result of 'Failed'

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0020e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:181
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00065] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:88
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Errors on Build

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Would you be able to send me a basic project which replicates this issue? This error is new to us.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
shamo

Post by shamo »

Thanks for the reply Joel,
Turns out I misinterpreted the instructions on the ES3 manager and manually added a manager to each scene via a prefab.
With the save setup I made, it turns out that only one manager is needed? I also turned off the auto create setting and it works fine.
The save setup I implemented is loading integers (scores) into an array, saving them with a 'save button' option, then loading them on a 'load saved' button option.
I'm about to upload the game to steam, is there anything I need to change with the save option? eg, save file path?
Thanks
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

There should be one Easy Save 3 Manager per scene.

As far as we're aware you should need to make no changes when releasing for Steam. However, you might want to confirm this with them, and check that they do not require you to save to a specific folder.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started