plamaker save gameobject problem

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
nightcorelv

plamaker save gameobject problem

Post by nightcorelv »

hi
i was trying to save a gameobject in easy save3 with playmaker, but the problem is, then i use save actio, then load it, the gameobject seems only load the root object, so, dont easy save 3 save all child too? wtf,feelsbadman
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: plamaker save gameobject problem

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Child GameObject are not part of the serialisation tree of a GameObject, as the parent/child relationship is denoted by the parent variable of the child GameObject's Transform component, not by the parent.

You will need to save the parent and it's children separately. Alternatively if you PM me your invoice number, I'll send you a version of the action which automatically saves the children.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
nightcorelv

Post by nightcorelv »

I sent my invoice number,thx for the quick reply,i realy need that action
Empire

Post by Empire »

Joel wrote:Hi there,

Child GameObject are not part of the serialisation tree of a GameObject, as the parent/child relationship is denoted by the parent variable of the child GameObject's Transform component, not by the parent.

You will need to save the parent and it's children separately. Alternatively if you PM me your invoice number, I'll send you a version of the action which automatically saves the children.

All the best,
Joel

WHAT!! This is exactly what I need, why keep it a secret? Can you please upload this as an example?