Serialize/Deserialize ES3 Cloud Files

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
nFighter

Serialize/Deserialize ES3 Cloud Files

Post by nFighter »

My ES3 base is huge and easily could grow more than 1-2Gb, i'm looking for easy way to manage it, delete unnecessary files, clean unused stuff and so on. I thought about some script that will be executed once per day and make cleaning.

I wonder, is it technically possible to serialize/deserialize data in the ES3 cloud using only php/mysql and excluding the Unity itself? Technically, it's just a mysql base, right? So it should be possible to work with it like with any other base? Let's say I want to make something simple, like found the specific file and delete it. What should I know to do it, is it hypothetically possible? Did I misunderstood some core concept and it's not a simple task?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Serialize/Deserialize ES3 Cloud Files

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

It's not possible to deserialise data in PHP for a number of reasons. However, the easiest thing to do would be to create a Unity project which you run occasionally to clean up the data.

If you don't actually need to access the serialised data, and only need to manage files, then you could create a PHP/MySQL script to delete the files from the MySQL database. You can take a look at the ES3Cloud.php file to see how this might work.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
nFighter

Post by nFighter »

Hm... seems like I definitely missing some basic concept. What do we call "serializing" actually in ES?

I believe I'm using ES3 in quite uncommon way. I don't have any ID's on objects, don't deal with unity objects, using autosave or something... I just have a bunch of files with particular names and save variables in it. And sometimes I need to delete some of the files, so I can just directly delete it from database and nothing will be broken?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Files are self-contained, so deleting a file from the database won't have any effect on any other files. It works in the same way as a file on a file system.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started