Encryption problem with multiple key objects

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
ds2051

Encryption problem with multiple key objects

Post by ds2051 »

I just migrated my project from Easy Save 2 to Easy Save 3,but discovered a major roadblock.

In Easy Save 2 i save 3-4 custom class objects saved with separate TAGS and each having their own AES password.

But Easy Save 3 let you encrypt KEY Objects only by specifying password under ES3 settings, thereby not allowing to specify separate password for each saved object.
It's not allowing me to even readkeys or delete the file without specifying the AES password.

Hence just want to inquire whether these changes in Easy Save 3 are by design or this is due to some bug.Is there any way in Easy Save 3 to save key Objects with separate AES passwords without locking the entire file?

Thanks,
DS
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Encryption problem with multiple key objects

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

ES3 encrypts data on a file-by-file basis rather than a key-by-key basis because this is more secure and more efficient.

If you want different passwords you would need to save to different files. Note that you can specify the password for an individual call by providing an ES3Settings object with the relevant password and encryption mode as a parameter to the ES3 method.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started