Black text

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Black text

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We've not received a project which replicates this, so if you could PM me a project which replicates it that would be appreciated.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
atk_defender

Post by atk_defender »

Is the black text problem fixed?

If you need the tax number then send me the fixed version, where can I find the tax number in the asset store?

My ES3 version 3.1.3 2019.7.1
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The black text problem is indeed fixed, and updating from the Asset Store should fix this. However, we've had reports of some users still being distributed the old version, which is a bug at the Asset Store's end.

You can find your invoice number in the invoice that Unity sent you when purchasing Easy Save, or they should be able to provide you with this if you contact them.

All the best,
Joel
zengusan

Post by zengusan »

I have a 2019.1.0 project. And after importing Easy Save (only the Easy Save 3 stuff), the text elements start behaving weirdly. If you change their color, they will turn black and won't appear again. Reimporting ES3 will bring them back (sometimes). This is a brand new import from the asset store. Btw, how can I find out which version I am actually using in the project?

I have other projects using ES3 but do have have such problems.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Would it be possible for you to PM me a basic project which replicates this? I've had a few reports of this but have been unable to replicate at my end.

Also if you send me your invoice number, I'll send over the latest update incase this is due to the Asset Store not importing the correct version.

All the best,
Joel
ProjectMarbles

Post by ProjectMarbles »

Hi Joel!

I was just wondering if you were able to fix the Black Text issue?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've still not received a project which replicates this on the latest version. In the projects I've received, it's turned out that an earlier version of Easy Save is being used. If you have a project which replicates it, I'd appreciate if you could send it over when you get a chance.

All the best,
Joel
SHStudio

Post by SHStudio »

Nope. The Problem is NOT solved.

The Bug depents on the AutoSaveTool, addet automaticly to the Scene.
If you "quit" this Setting in the Settings Toolbar, the Bug with the Letters ( black ) is gone.

After you add a new UI Text, the Bug will return, and the Setting "Auto Add Manager to Scene" will be chacket again.
You need to delete him, and unchack the Setting new.
After you add e new Text in your UI, you need to repeat all Steps.

so long the Auto Add Manager is inside the Scene, all Letters / all UI Textes will be black.
after you remove him, the Text goes back to it s master Color.
The "Rrefresh" Function, is absolutly not helpful.

So: the Auto Add Manager / Automanager, is not to use this Way.
i think ( only my thinking ) there is a "Color Chack" or something inside the Script, that holds all "Colors" of the UI @ there Stats.
And i think, there can be a bug, because: it s not truly real, that all textes go black. There must be a Mistake inside the Script.

now: one Question is open :
how can i avoid, that ES2 / ES3 ( or whatever, because: there 2 Entrys: ES2 and ES3 ... confused ... )
not longer do the "Add Manager automatic" to set to "true", if i do not want it ? Because: with all the collectet Items, i do not need this, i do not want to save every tree.
also: the Problem is that it is very annoying, everytime to get Black UI texts, to tell the Asset: "turn this button off", and it turn the button "on" again.
this is ....... frustrating.

best Greetings. Andy.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Andy,

Would you be able to let me know what version of Unity you're using? This is a bug at Unity's end with their CollectDependencies method, so if there's another version exhibiting the issue then we will need to report it to them.

In the next update we're removing CollectDependencies and using our own method to get scene dependencies. In the meantime if you PM me your invoice number I'll send you over an update which removes any reference to it.

All the best,
Joel
SHStudio

Post by SHStudio »

Hello.

i am using Unity 2019.2.17.1f,

invoice: i write you a PM.

Best Greetings.