Cannot change editor settings

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
shamo

Cannot change editor settings

Post by shamo »

Hi,
Have a weird bug here where I cannot change the editor settings (the small checkboxes) to stop it auto adding to the scene.
Also cannot set the encryption to run or set the password.
I was hoping that with the latest update I would finally get EasySave to work on one of my games instead I'm again having problems?
Is installed with the latest version of Playmaker and also the Easymobile plugin on Unity 2018 in Android mode.

Console shows the following argument exception:

Parameter name: target
ES3Editor.SettingsWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/SettingsWindow.cs:73)
ES3Editor.ES3Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Window.cs:101)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:363)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:322)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:421)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:401)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:511)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:307)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:176)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:245)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Cannot change editor settings

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I don't appear to be getting this behaviour at my end, and I've had no other reports of it. However, the error suggests that Easy Save did not import correctly from the Asset Store.

Deleting Easy Save 3 from your project and reimporting should fix the issue.

You might also want to delete the cached UnityPackage before reimporting, just to check that the Asset Store is downloading the correct version. You can do this by deleting the UnityPackage found in the Easy Save folder in this location:
  • Windows: Go to User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
  • Mac: User>Library>Unity>Asset Store
If this doesn't fix your issue, please could you PM me a project which replicates this issue so I can see what is happening?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
shamo

Post by shamo »

Thanks for the quick reply Joel,

"Deleting Easy Save 3 from your project and reimporting should fix the issue."

Tried that, still the same result. Cannot even delete the ES3 manager from the scene?
Throws up the same error: ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

That's very strange, would you be able to upload your project to something like WeTransfer or Google Drive and PM me the link so I can see what is happening?

Also could you try going to Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Resources/, open the ES3DefaultSettings prefab and see if you are able to change the settings directly in the ES3DefaultSettings Component attached to the prefab?

All the best,
Joel
shamo

Post by shamo »

Project is too large to upload Joel.
I tried changing the settings via the prefab and that worked. However when I set encryption and a password, then I get a strange error on one of the
Integer saves. I'd copy and paste it but it's pages long!
So I started a new android 2d project, installed Playmaker and Easy save and hey presto! Same problem. Same inability to alter the settings, same null exception error.
Then I installed it on a completely blank project....same problem? Unity 2018.3 with in app purchase, advertising and collaberate packages installed, .NET4x scripting on Mono.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've tried to replicate the issue with the instructions you've given (Unity 2018.3 with packages, .NET 4.x Mono, PlayMaker imported) and still no errors at my end. Would you be able to PM me the basic project which replicates it?

Did you delete your save data after changing the encryption type? Otherwise it will be trying to load unencrypted data as if it's encrypted. If you could post at least some of the error that would be great, otherwise I have no information to go on.

Also just to check, did you delete the cached UnityPackage before updating from the Asset Store as mentioned in my first post? The only difference between our projects I can think of is the cached version of the UnityPackage is different.

All the best,
Joel
shamo

Post by shamo »

Hi Joel, sent you a PM with the file.

Cheers