GameObjects loading in different scene

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Johnson

GameObjects loading in different scene

Post by Johnson »

Hi,

I can save a gameobject with Easy save 3 (it has some childs with components and with sub childs with more components). I can instantiate it perfectly if I am in the same scene, but if I am in another scene when I instantiate it, it is an empty gameobject, with the same name but without any component and no childs.

Please any help?

Thank you
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: GameObjects loading in different scene

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've changed your title to be a bit more descriptive so that it might be useful to other people.

Your issue is likely because the scene you are loading in doesn't have the reference to the prefab required to recreate the GameObjects.

You can try copying the ES3ReferenceMgr Component on the Easy Save 3 Manager GameObject from the scene you are saving in and pasting it onto the ES3ReferenceMgr GameObject in the scene you are loading in, which should move the prefab references across.

However, if your GameObject references anything in the scene you saved in, it will not be possible for these references to be loaded in the scene you are loading in as these objects will no longer exist.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Johnson

Re: GameObjects loading in different scene

Post by Johnson »

It worked, thank you!!!