Error in Unity 2019.3

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
fanaei

Error in Unity 2019.3

Post by fanaei »

Hi Joel
I updated my project to Unity 2019.3 and as I was getting many errors related to Easy save, I deleted the whole Easy Save3 folder and imported the latest version again from asset store. But I got this error now:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ES3ReferenceMgr.AddDependencies (UnityEngine.Object[] objs, System.Single timeoutSecs) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3ReferenceMgr.cs:51)
ES3Postprocessor.ProcessGameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:112)
ES3Postprocessor.SelectionChanged () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Editor/ES3Postprocessor.cs:68)
UnityEditor.Selection.Internal_CallSelectionChanged () (at <55cdba1bd6e14fba9b722ea76fea516b>:0)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Error in Unity 2019.3

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Would you be able to PM me a basic project which replicates this? I've not seen this before, and I'm not sure why this particular error would occur based on the error message.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Don Goddard

Post by Don Goddard »

I'm having the exact same issues. Had to go back to a previous version which still works fine in 2019.3. Sorry I don't have time to wrap up a solution right now.

Don
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi Don,

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to look into this further without some way of replicating it. It sounds like there might be a bug with Unity's EditorUtility.CollectDependencies functionality, but I've not been able to replicate it.

All the best,
Joel
GoldFire

Post by GoldFire »

We are seeing the same thing on the latest 2019.3 using the Universal Render Pipeline. The Easy Save 3 window won't even open. The steps to reproduce are to create a new URP project in Unity Hub with 2019.3.0b4 and import Easy Save 3. I didn't make any other changes to the project.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

As mentioned above, I've still not been able to replicate this at my end. Please could you PM me a basic project which replicates this so I can understand what is happening at my end?

All the best,
Joel