REQUEST EXAMPLES AND TUTORIALS HERE

Examples using PlayMaker. Note that to view these examples, you will need to have purchased PlayMaker.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: REQUEST EXAMPLES AND TUTORIALS HERE

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This is quite difficult to do with PlayMaker in the way that you've described, so I've created an action for you which takes a file and loads each line into an FsmArray. Simply set the filePath to the path of your CSV (or a filename if your file is in the persistent data path, which is the default folder Easy Save uses).

All the best,
Joel
Attachments
ES3PlayMakerGetLines.cs
(950 Bytes) Downloaded 784 times
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
blackant

Post by blackant »

Hello,

i have started using easy save today, (i bought it in 2014 -.-'), and i have small difficulties to understand how i can make what i need.
first of all, i use playmaker.

let me explain, the thing is simple:
the players play the game, and because it's a demo, he's invited to enter his mail adress into an input text.
so cliking the button should send this string to MySQL server and register it, nothing more.

so, i have installed es3cloud.php on my webserver, and i got the API Key...

now i'm lost because i don't know how to finish the code

could you help ?
blackant

Post by blackant »

so , if i understand well the steps:
it will load a file into unity, and then save it back into it before i can send it to SQL ?

there is no way to simply get the sting and send it to sql via php page ?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

blackant wrote:so , if i understand well the steps:
it will load a file into unity, and then save it back into it before i can send it to SQL ?

there is no way to simply get the sting and send it to sql via php page ?
Hi there,

If you PM me your invoice number I can send an action which allows you to upload and download ES3Files to the server.

An ES3File allows you to cache data in memory without storing it to file, and we provide actions for this. To use an ES3File, you essentially do the following:
  1. Use the ES3File.Create action to create an ES3File and put it into an FsmES3File variable
  2. Use the ES3File.Save action to save data to this ES3File
  3. Use the ES3Cloud.UploadFile action I'll send you to upload this to the server
  4. Use the ES3Cloud.DownloadFile action I'll send you to download this from the server into an ES3File
  5. Use the ES3File.Load action to load the data from this ES3File
All the best,
Joel
chengl90

Post by chengl90 »

Hi there,

Complete noob here, and just started recently using unity with playmaker only. Made my game and now trying to figure out how to save/load game. (Ide/clicker game with statuses)

Bought Easy Save 3. Not much examples and tutorials out there so I have been playing with it for a couple of days now. I finally figure out to do save/load 1 variable at a time but when I try to do save all/load all, it keeps getting an error. Can I get an example/tutorial on how to save all/load all? I have Smooth Save and its "copy gobals to pool" and "load pool to gobals" works just like I want but Smooth Save is only for internal save only, I think, and I want to be able to save the game internally and to a cloud/server as I plan to have logins for players with google game console.

Would like help. Thank you.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If you are encountering an error when using Save All and Load All, please could you make a thread in the General Discussion forum detailing the errors you are getting?

General Discussion is here: https://moodkie.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

All the best,
Joel
SunsetSong

Post by SunsetSong »

Hi,

Apologies, but could you give me some guidance on setting this up...

I'm using Easy Save and Playmaker [along with File Browser Pro].

I've set up Easy Save Save All / Load All via playmaker and UI buttons -- that works exactly as I wanted.

What I'm trying to do now is to create a 'save as' button, which opens the file location and then allows the user to name the new save and save it in that location.

So the process is UI button clicked - prompt to choose location -- name the new save and save it -- close window.

I've tried many different configurations and Easy Save playmaker actions. I can get to the point of opening the location, but I can't seem to save with a new user-chosen name.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but any help would be great! Thanks.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You would need to put the file path outputted by the File Browser into an FsmVariable, and then use this FsmVariable as the file path field of the Save All and Load All actions.

All the best,
Joel
SunsetSong

Post by SunsetSong »

Great -- thanks a lot. Works perfectly.
PhilDark

Download in another folder ?

Post by PhilDark »

Hello, I would like to do this with PlayMaker

Someone takes a screenshot during the game, then the image is saved in its persistent folder.

This file is uploaded in the ES3 cloud, so it is named in the cloud with its full original path, for instance C:\Users\Someone\AppData\LocalLow\CompName\AppName\SpecificFolderName\capture.jpg on a PC, and different on other devices.

Now, somebody else wants to download these files from the cloud, but :

1. he doesn’t know the path of this file, but with the filter option he can find the if a subfolder was created in the someone persistent path, for instance in the example “SpecificFolderName”

2. as its username is SomebodyElse, its persistent folder will be C:\Users\SomebodyElse\AppData\LocalLow\CompName\AppName\ and the file won’t load in its persistent folder.

So is there a way to download files from the cloud and put them in another folder with a PM action ?
Best regards

Phil