Prefab Load From Autosave Problem

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
ToastandBananas

Prefab Load From Autosave Problem

Post by ToastandBananas »

So I have all of my prefabs set up to use autosave. They all have the ES3 Prefab and ES3 Auto Save scripts attached to them. Everything works great, except with my NPC prefab. For some reason when an NPC prefab is instantiated from the load, the NPC has two of everything. (Two of each script and two of each child gameobject). I can remove these through code, but obviously something else is going on here. This doesn't happen for any of my other prefabs.

Any ideas? I seem to have everything set up correctly. I tried removing the prefab and autosave scripts and replacing them, I made sure that my prefab has only one of each script/child gameobject and I made sure all of the necessary script "types" are supported in the ES3 Types manager.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Prefab Load From Autosave Problem

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've not seen this before. Would you be able to private message me a basic project which replicates this?

Also you might want to try deleting the ES3Prefab and ES3AutoSave Components on the prefab and re-adding them, and then deleting your save data. This will ensure that there's not a duplicate ID causing a conflict.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ToastandBananas

Okay, I sent my project over. Deleting the save file didn't work either unfortunately.
ToastandBananas

Actually, nevermind, my file was too big. Can I email it to you?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

ToastandBananas wrote:Actually, nevermind, my file was too big. Can I email it to you?
If the file is large, please could you upload it to something like WeTransfer or Google Drive and private message me the link. Or you can send it to me using the contact form at moodkie.com/contact.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ToastandBananas

Okay, I messaged you a Google Drive link. Thanks for your help!