Opening/Finding spreadsheets when RuntimeSettings/location is set to PlayerPrefs

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Chimar

Opening/Finding spreadsheets when RuntimeSettings/location is set to PlayerPrefs

Post by Chimar »

Hey Joel,

I'm messing around with the different location settings and i can't figure out how to open the spreadsheets saved when the location setting is set to player prefs.

The only way i can get to player prefs is through the registry editor (which i used for the first time today). From what i gather the file is there i just dont know how to get it out.

Do you know of a solution without having to save the SS somewhere else through a manual path set?

Cheers!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Opening/Finding spreadsheets when RuntimeSettings/location is set to PlayerPrefs

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Is there any reason you have the storage location set to PlayerPrefs? It's very rare that this needs to be used.

Just to clarify, you can set the storage location when calling ES3Spreadsheet.Save using an ES3Settings object. I.e.

Code: Select all

spreadsheet.Save("myFile.txt", new ES3Settings(ES3.Location.File));
All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Chimar

Re: Opening/Finding spreadsheets when RuntimeSettings/location is set to PlayerPrefs

Post by Chimar »

There's no specific reason, i guess.

I was tinkering with it to see how it worked and, based on how that'd go, i'd see if it was useful for some things a couple colleagues needed.

Since i had 0 save experience before this I never much messed with player prefs and the like.