REQUEST EXAMPLES AND TUTORIALS HERE

Examples using Easy Save's API code
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: REQUEST EXAMPLES AND TUTORIALS HERE

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Once you've created the ES3Type you don't need to do anything with it, you just need to attach an ES3AutoSave component to the GameObject containing the component if you want it to be AutoSaved.

Note that if you're using ES3.Save and ES3.Load rather than AutoSave, your Component is automatically supported and doesn't need an ES3Type.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
sjarman

Post by sjarman »

Hi - I'm trying to make use of the ES3Spreadsheet functionality to load in some game data. I'm struggling to get it working though. I have a simple csv file sitting in the Assets folder (which I believe is the default path?) but when I just user the example code to try to load it up, I get the following error:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream

I'm guessing it's not finding the file.

Are you able to elaborate on how it can/should be used? Can TextAssets be loaded to it from the Resources folder?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

sjarman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:45 am Hi - I'm trying to make use of the ES3Spreadsheet functionality to load in some game data. I'm struggling to get it working though. I have a simple csv file sitting in the Assets folder (which I believe is the default path?) but when I just user the example code to try to load it up, I get the following error:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream

I'm guessing it's not finding the file.

Are you able to elaborate on how it can/should be used? Can TextAssets be loaded to it from the Resources folder?
Hi there,

There is an example of using ES3Spreadsheet in the ES3Spreadsheet guide:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... and-excel/

As your request sounds more around troubleshooting an error, please could you create a new project with a basic scene which replicates this and private message it to me?

All the best,
Joel
lukaszkowalski2013

Post by lukaszkowalski2013 »

Hi I would like to see an example showing following features:
cloud saves, auto saves, saving an instance of a game object with a script attached to it with few variables.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

There's examples of cloud saving in the cloud saving guide, and also a project in the Examples:
https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1436

There's an example of a project using Auto Save in the Examples:
https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1468

Regarding saving and loading a GameObject with a script, this is covered in the Saving and Loading GameObjects guide:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... s-prefabs/

i.e.

Code: Select all

// Save a GameObject.
ES3.Save("myGameObject", go);

// Load a GameObject, automatically assigning it to an existing
// GameObject if one exists, or create a new GameObject if not.
ES3.Load("myGameObject", defaultGo);
All the best,
Joel
HuldaGnodima

Post by HuldaGnodima »

Hi!

After Unity released the Tilemap-asset and more people picking it up/using it, I've noticed people are asking how to save and load its data (tiles, tile-positions, tilesprites etc.). I think it would be so helpful to have a tutorial specifically looking at how Tilemaps can be saved/loaded using Easy Save, and possibly attract even more people to use Easy Save!

I would also love such a tutorial :)
Thanks!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately we're unable to support TileMaps as there's no way for us to support it in a way which would work for all projects, and for the same reason wouldn't be able to provide a tutorial. However, I answered a similar question here which gives you a starting point on how to go about serialising TileMaps in your project:

https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... it=tilemap

All the best,
Joel
HuldaGnodima

Post by HuldaGnodima »

Joel wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm Hi there,

Unfortunately we're unable to support TileMaps as there's no way for us to support it in a way which would work for all projects, and for the same reason wouldn't be able to provide a tutorial. However, I answered a similar question here which gives you a starting point on how to go about serialising TileMaps in your project:

https://moodkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... it=tilemap

All the best,
Joel
Thank you for your super-fast reply!
Also thank you for providing the link. My issue is that I've got all the Tilemap-data (consisting of TileBases) but don't know how to save the Tilebases consistently because they're made up of non-primitive data. So I'm just struggling trying to make it all work. EasySave seems to load some tiles but I get the error:

"Reference for UnityEngine.RuleTile with ID 1113235846547512508 could not be found in Easy Save's reference manager. If you are loading objects dynamically (i.e. objects created at runtime), this warning is expected and can be ignored." on other tiles.

However, this problem is unrelated to EasySave I think, you are very open about which data-types are supported by your asset and Tilemaps are not one of them :) so it's not strange EasySave is misses some tiles!
If you have any tips on how to save the TileBases (non-primitive Unity data-types) I would super-appreciate it, but if you don't that's ok!

Also your Easy Save is great! For all else it works perfectly for me :)
dafar

Post by dafar »

Hi,
I have a code where I need to add a path to save a file on the device/computer.

I'm currently using Application.persistentDataPath + "/myoutput.wav", but is it possible with ES3 to save the file to a user defined destination?

Thanks!!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save methods have a filePath parameter you can use to specify your own path. Please see the Getting Started guide for more information.

https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/ge ... me-or-path

All the best,
Joel