Sudden long loading times

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
easysaver333

Sudden long loading times

Post by easysaver333 »

I recently made some changes in ES3 (refreshed references, slightly changed the way I was saving and loading transforms: vector and rotation instead of a transform), but now the load times have increased dramatically.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may have caused this or any times on improving save and load times in general?

I tried refreshing references and optimizing references again but that only helped a little.

Thanks in advance.
easysaver333

Re: Sudden long loading times

Post by easysaver333 »

Here are my settings.

The time difference opening the scene without loading the variables takes 5 seconds, turning on loading take 1 min 30 seconds. I also want to mention that I didn't autosave enabled before and it was fine. I accidentally enabled it and disabled it. Could this be causing it to save and load all the information in the game? I don't want to do this. I only want to save and load some ints, bools, floats, vector3s and quaternions.

Thanks
Attachments
es3-settings.png
es3-settings.png (36.07 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I notice you have 'Log info' enabled in your settings. This outputs quite a lot of information to console which can cause a slowdown.

If this isn't causing the slowdown, have you followed the instructions in the Improving Performance guide?
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... rformance/

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
easysaver333

Post by easysaver333 »

Yes! That was exactly it. The logging. Good to know! Thanks for your help and quick responses. :)