VSCode "The name "ES3" doesn't exist"

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Rogerio

VSCode "The name "ES3" doesn't exist"

Post by Rogerio »

I've had easy save for a really long time but I've only just started trying to implement it in my project which I've been working on for about 7 months now.
I created a basic save and load from the "getting started" page and the code works and saves fine but vscode is giving me weird errors. Can anyone help me get rid of these errors? It works fine in a new project.
Save easy is in the folder it came in, the "plugins" folder it created. I did have it in a different folder until I realized editor was giving me errors. I've tried reinstalling and this "doesn't exist" error still persists.

https://i.imgur.com/emLuSOg.png
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: VSCode "The name "ES3" doesn't exist"

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Unfortunately this will be an issue at Unity's end rather than ours, as we have no control over what gets compiled.

Firstly I would check that there are no errors in console from other scripts which would prevent Easy Save from being compiled. If there aren't any errors, first try restarting Unity and Visual Studio just to check that there wasn't any issues relating to temporary files.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, the next thing I would recommend is to make a backup of your project and rebuild it by deleting the Library and temp folders from the project folder.

If you're still having issues after this you would need to contact Unity so that they can debug it further.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

I don't think you read my post properly or I'm not understanding you but I did say that the code is working fine. There are no errors and the saving/loading code is working perfectly in unity. The problem appears to be with vscode but I have no idea why it's giving me that error in vscode. I could in theory just ignore it as it works in unity but it will make debugging other issues extremely tedious because vscode will always tell me there are errors because it can't find ES3.
Again, the code is working absolutely fine when I run it in unity. unity does NOT show any errors, only vscode does. No errors in unity,. not even yellow ones.

EDIT:- picture showing no errors in unity console but a bunch of errors in vscode.
https://i.imgur.com/cBWNo4u.png
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This will be an issue with Visual Studio or Unity as we have no control over compilation (which is what your issue concerns), so I recommend getting in contact with Unity. You might also want to try re-installing Visual Studio.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started