Cloud playmaker actions issues

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
nFighter

Cloud playmaker actions issues

Post by nFighter »

Hello. There are two playmaker actions ES3 Cloud Download Filenames Action and ES3 Cloud Search Filenames Action.
Looks like they have completely equal descriptions in the documentation and even the same attached picture. Did they suppose to do the same thing?

Looks like the first one didn't work in any condition. It returns null,null,null... values if you don't use any search patterns, or return one word "Here" if I use % as a search pattern.

ES3 Cloud Search Filenames Action works better. It returns all the filenames if I use it without a search pattern, but with a % as a search pattern, it returns the word "Here" before the first filename. So the response looks like
Herefilename1,
filename2,
filename3
nFighter

Re: Cloud playmaker actions issues

Post by nFighter »

I have 3 test files in the database and here is how my response from the search action looks like with % pattern used.

1. I have 4 values in the array instead of 3, the last one is an empty value.
2. First value started with the word "Here"
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The difference between Search Filenames and Download Filenames is described at the top of the Search Filenames documentation:
Downloads the names of all of the files on the server for a given user which match the given search pattern. The search pattern supports the ‘%’ and ‘_’ wildcards as described here.
The actions appear to be working fine at my end. If you're using the latest version of Easy Save, please could you replicate your issue in a new, empty project containing only Easy Save and Playmaker, and a simple scene, and private message it to me with instructions.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
nFighter

Post by nFighter »

Oh, I see. Download action didn't have that part " which match the given search pattern" in the description but the action itself still has the parameter field "Search pattern". And description under both of the actions has the field "Search pattern".

Here are the documentation pages I'm referencing to:
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... es-action/
https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es ... es-action/

Both actions actually have a "search pattern" as a parameter, both of them referencing the same picture (which didn't have a search pattern parameter). So I believe something went wrong with one of the actions.

PS. I'm trying to replicate the issue in a new project! Will keep you posted
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This is because of how the documentation platform works (one is a template of the other). However, in Unity you will see that only one has a search pattern field and the other does not.

All the best,
Joel
nFighter

Post by nFighter »

Well, I just sent you a test project and a video of how it works on my side. It seems like we have different actions :roll:
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Thanks for sending that over, you are indeed correct.

I'm not certain what has happened, but it looks like the ES3Cloud functionality for the version on the Asset Store was merged with a debug branch.

I'll rectify this in the next update, but in the meantime I'll send over an update which resolves this.

All the best,
Joel