AutoSave questions

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
ProfessorJay

AutoSave questions

Post by ProfessorJay »

Good Evening.
I have some questions that I guess are possibly obvious but do not seem to be to me.
1. to use auto save on a whole scene, does that scene have to be the starting menu scene? I ask because it seems the save event and load event of the auto save feature is meant for an opening menu, i mean the "start or continue or quit" menu at the beginning of a game. can autosave be used on any scene even it is not the initial loading scene or game quit scene?

2. does autosave work on multiple scenes or only one scene because it is the "save and load" scene, such as the main menu scene?

I hope that makes sense as I have one scene that needs to save everything in it, but it is not main menu, it is more like the hub of the game to all the levels.

Thank you for your time and patience.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: AutoSave questions

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Auto Save can be used on any scene and works on multiple scenes. The save and load events relate to Unity’s Awake, Start and OnApplicationQuit events which are called during the lifecycle of each scene.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ProfessorJay

Re: AutoSave questions

Post by ProfessorJay »

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it. I will give it a try and if it is ok, if I cant figure it out i will come back and ask more questions.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your time and attention.