Using ES3 with Unity Visual Scripting

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
unity_user5192182

Using ES3 with Unity Visual Scripting

Post by unity_user5192182 »

Hi,

Do you have any documentation on how to use Easy Save 3 with Unity Visual Scripting (formerly known as Bolt)? I saw a post saying Bolt support has been added, but can't find any documentation or examples.

If it doesn't work with Bolt, can you please tell me if there's a way for me to get a refund? Thanks!
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Using ES3 with Unity Visual Scripting

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save works with Bolt out of the box, so you can access Easy Save’s methods as Units in Bolt like any other method.

If the Units aren’t appearing, you may need to refresh the Units. This thread describes how to do this in both versions of Bolt: https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to- ... x.1122175/

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Anriri

Post by Anriri »

Hi, i am currently also trying to get easy save running with visual scripting 2021.

its working so far with normal vars like strings,int,float.

But i read that it should also work with lists? Does that mean aot Lists? and did someone manage how to save/load lists?

i managed to save the lists. But there is no unit for loading which contains sth like an index.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there, and thanks for getting in contact.

Support for the AotList class is coming in the next update. In the meantime if you private message me your invoice number I can send over the update.
But there is no unit for loading which contains sth like an index
The serialiser will load the entire List. You would need to then access individual elements from it after you’ve loaded. For more information on how to use Lists in Unity Visual Scripting you would need to consult their docs and support.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started