easy save to sql with multiple users

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
adi5785905

easy save to sql with multiple users

Post by adi5785905 »

hello,
I'm developing a game that will allow his users to log in from any computer and continue from where they stopped.
I'm trying to do that with easy save and phpmyadmin sql.
The plan is to create for each user a file with a name that match his username and have the user password in the file with his saved game.
But it sound like something that have a better way to do, unfurtently I couldnt find a better way in easy save docs.
Is there a better way to create users (be able to search if a user exsist when creating a new one) and enable only the user to load the savegame with the ES2Web?
As far as I saw the webusername and password dont allow my to have many users in the same computer, and I would love to find a better and safer way to do that.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: easy save to sql with multiple users

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Instead of storing the password in the file, you might want to encrypt or obfuscate the data using the users password. For more information, see the encryption and obfuscation guide: http://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-2/guides/encryption/

If you want multiple users on the same computer, you would need to assign each user of the computer a different username.

If you wanted to check whether a user exists, you can use ES2Web.GetFilenames to see if any files are stored on the server for that user.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started