ES2 Editor Window not working in 2.8.4

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
ronaldomoon

ES2 Editor Window not working in 2.8.4

Post by ronaldomoon »

Every time I go to Window>Easy Save it creates a blank window and spams the console with NullRef Exceptions. I've searched for the .dll files mentioned in the changelog. They aren't there. I've deleted the main folder and re-imported. I've deleted the stored package and re-downloaded and imported. I've tried using different layouts. I've tried it in fresh projects in Unity 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, and 2017.3 beta. Nothing seems to help. Here is the info from the error:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ES2EditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/GUI/ES2EditorWindow.cs:91)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)
I know I can still do things manually but I really liked that graphical auto-save stuff!

I think it's also worth pointing out that both the AutoSaveManager and the globalmanager prefabs are showing missing scripts. Removing those entries and adding the proper scripts to each prefab doesn't fix the issue. Also, I just have Windows>Easy Save and then nothing else. No arrow, no other options.
Last edited by ronaldomoon on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronaldomoon

Re: ES2 Editor Window not working in 2.8.4

Post by ronaldomoon »

Apparently, the issue is on my end. I simply tried copying the previous version from an older project and the same thing happened. Prior to that I tried deleting the .asset file from the asset storage directory again, deleted my library folder and went through the wait that entails. Then I downloaded and imported the new version again and it still didn't work.

So then I went to RegEdit and searched for any references to those DLL files. Nothing. I cleaned the registry anyway and still nothing. It's just weird that the same thing happens in blank projects in four different versions of Unity.
Last edited by ronaldomoon on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronaldomoon

Post by ronaldomoon »

Okay, I give up. I uninstalled every version of Unity I had on my PC. Deleted everything from the cached folder (user/appdata....etc). Deleted all old abandoned projects with ES2 in them. I then cleaned the registry and cleared out temp files via CCleaner. I installed the latest public release of Unity from the website, started a new project, downloaded and installed Easy Save yet again aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd it still doesn't work.

Also, opening the settings window also gives the following errors:

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ES2EditorSettings:OnGUI() (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 2/Editor/ES2EditorSettings.cs:56)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This appears to be a bug with the Asset Store Importer failing to import some references to certain scripts. If you PM me your invoice number, I can send you a UnityPackage to fix this.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
ronaldomoon

Post by ronaldomoon »

Awesome! Thanks!
rizawerks

Post by rizawerks »

I just downloaded ES2 2.8.4 and experience same error...How long it will b fixed in Asset Store?
Thanks,
Phuzz

Post by Phuzz »

Hello,

I am having the same problem too after updating, I sent you a PM with the invoice number.

Thank you,
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

rizawerks wrote:I just downloaded ES2 2.8.4 and experience same error...How long it will b fixed in Asset Store?
Thanks,
Hi there,

There is currently an update waiting to be approved by Unity. This usually takes them around 5 working days to approve.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started