Saving and Loading a Variable with PlayMaker

Examples using PlayMaker. Note that to view these examples, you will need to have purchased PlayMaker.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Saving and Loading a Variable with PlayMaker

Post by Joel »

This example shows the basic usage of Easy Save's Save and Load actions for PlayMaker.

It uses the Save action to save a string variable, changes that variable to an empty string, and then reloads the original value using the Load action.

States are commented to describe what is happening.

Note:
  • Easy Save and PlayMaker should be installed in your project before importing this example. The example is located in Assets/Easy Save 3/Examples/.
  • All examples are only provided as an educational sample, and may need modification for your purposes. They are provided without warranty.
Attachments
Saving and Loading a Variable with PlayMaker.unitypackage
(16.51 KiB) Downloaded 981 times
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Diablo3496

Re: Saving and Loading a Variable with PlayMaker

Post by Diablo3496 »

Hello I somehow do not understand the asset easy save I would like to save the volume of my background music.

so that the player can adjust the volume but I only get error hm I think I'm too stupid you could vllt make a tutorial would be great
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Saving and Loading a Variable with PlayMaker

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please could you let me know what error you are receiving, and attach screenshots the FSM and actions you are using?

You should simply use the Save action to save the volume. I assume that your volume is represented by an int or float, so you should set the type field of the action to the correct type you are saving.

Then to load, simply use the Load action (with the corresponding type), using the same key as you used in the Save action.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started