New here, need some help please!

Easy Save 2 has been replaced by Easy Save 3, so is no longer supported.
strange_aeons

New here, need some help please!

Post by strange_aeons »

Hi i just bought the Easy Save as a way to retain data in arraymaker lists and hash tables and im not really sure if im using this addon correctly. i have playmaker, arraymaker and easy save installed into my project and have setup a few quick and dirty ugui buttons:

button 1 generates some random numbers and inputs them into an array list and then saves the array list.
button 2 resets the array list values.
button 3 loads the saved array list values.

so far all ive been able to achieve is a bunch of red error text. the example scenes provided have not really shed much insight into what im doing wrong here and ive noticed that the folder in my projects assets reads "Easy Save 2" while the playmaker action im using is tagged as ES3, have i bought the wrong version of Easy Save? or has Easy Save 3 not been released yet or something?

i did watch a youtube tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WhnfayfDtg where the guy demonstrated how to use Arraymaker and EasySave together, but the playmaker actions seem to work differently to the ones in the current Easy Save 3 playmaker actions available on the ecosystem.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: New here, need some help please!

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Downloading Easy Save from the Asset Store includes both Easy Save 2 and Easy Save 3. The video you posted is for Easy Save 2, but is not using our actions. If you required support for these, you would need to contact the creator of those actions.

Alternatively, you can find documentation for our Easy Save actions here. We recommend you use Easy Save 3 as this is more flexible than Easy Save 2, and will be supported for longer.

To save a PlayMaker array variable containing your variables, you can use theSave action, providing your array variable as the Value parameter. You will also need to set the Type of your PlayMaker variable. In your case, you would set the Type to Array, which will reveal an Array Type field which you should set the the same type as the data in your array.

When you want to load, you can then use the Load action in the exact same way.

If you need further assistance, please could you create a new project which replicates the issue you're having, and PM it to me with instructions on how to replicate the issue? The project should only contain the minimum amount of content to replicate the issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
strange_aeons

Post by strange_aeons »

hi Joel, thanks for the respose!

where do i get the playmaker actions from? the ones that your documentation refers to.
i downloaded the one titled "Easy Save 3" package from the playmaker ecosystem and i thought that they were the only ones.

also with your instruction to use the Save action, it sounds like that will work for the playmaker array variables, but will it work with the arraymaker component array lists and hash tables? i dont use the playmaker array variables as i have had issues with them recently, they dont seem to work well with some of the playmaker ugui actions, while the arraymaker array lists and hash tables work as expected with the ugui actions. i will test your suggestion and see what happens.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

The actions are included with Easy Save 3, and can be found in the Easy Save 3 folder of the Actions browser in PlayMaker.

We only support saving and loading PlayMaker arrays. I believe ArrayMaker have their own Easy Save 3 actions, but as they are not affiliated with us we wouldn't be able to provide support for them.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started