Exists into Bool not working properly

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
velketor

Exists into Bool not working properly

Post by velketor »

I have been struggling to get the "Exists into Bool" EasySave2 action to work properly in PlayMaker.

I put the "Exists into Bool" action at the start of my FSM to see if the Tag/Filename I am trying to load exists before I do anything else. I store the data into a bool and then run a Bool Test action to determine if the Bool exists or not. However, even if the tag does not exist in the file, the Bool Test always returns true no matter what. The "If Error" function has never worked, so I'm not sure if it's broken or maybe I misunderstand how it works.

I have tried clearing the default Save Folder and the clearing the PlayerPrefs before each test, but no luck. Any ideas? I have been stumped for 2 days on this issue. Finally decided to reach out for help from the community. Thank you!
Attachments
example.jpg
example.jpg (76.08 KiB) Viewed 1894 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Exists into Bool not working properly

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

It appears to be working fine at my end, and we have had no other reports of it not working. Please could you create a new, very basic project to replicate it an PM it to me?

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
velketor

Post by velketor »

It's magically working now. I've noticed Unity does that every once in a while. Get's buggy as hell out of no where and the only thing that can fix it is a fresh restart of the computer.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Glad the problem managed to resolve itself!

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started