Easy Save 3, not saving (Playmaker) then crashing builds

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Easy Save 3, not saving (Playmaker) then crashing builds

Post by Joel »

Please could you PM me a basic project which replicates this?

Also if you PM me your invoice number, I'll send you over a pre-release of our upcoming update which has changed the referencing functionality somewhat, which might solve the issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Helperrr

Post by Helperrr »

Good news. Deleting the Easy Save 3 Manager from the Hierarchy solved it. Once it was deleted and saved the scene it was re-added and it worked fine. So I think that should be added as a step somewhere.

I have a backup and will test that theory later. Just happy its working fine in editor and Android for now.
--edit--
i havent tried encryption yet, and i'll report back when i do.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

If it happens again then please could you send me a project which replicates this? Just so I can understand what is happening incase anyone else runs into the same issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Helperrr

Post by Helperrr »

The first 2 easy save errors you helped me with.. the issue with trying to use encrypted playerprefs and the auto update references.

The reason it threw me into confusion was I had the 2 Easy Save bugs and a Playmaker bug that all happened at the same time. The playmaker bug was that they accidentally disabled debug logs action on all platform builds except the editor and I actively used the debug log to verify things are triggering properly... including easy save 3 actions. I have not yet gone back to using easy save w/encryption, but I am confident the issue is resolved and if it creeps up again, i'll create a example project for you to look at.

Thanks Joel!