Auto Save Update References

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
Berncat

Auto Save Update References

Post by Berncat »

I have a question with the very often ran into error:
Press the 'Refresh References' button on the ES3ReferenceMgr Component of the Easy Save 3 Manager in the scene to refresh prefabs

When does this actually need to be done? Whenever changes are made to ES3 Types or new ES3 Prefabs are added to game objects?

Realistically does this mean I need to hand open and refresh every scene and refresh every Easy Save 3 Manager Reference Mgr script or is there a better way to handle this?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Auto Save Update References

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This doesn't need to be done at all unless you've unchecked 'Auto Update References' in the settings.

If you have disabled Auto Update References, you should do it whenever references have been added to your scene. However, it's not always clear when this happens and it is strongly recommend you allow Easy Save to automatically manage references.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
Berncat

Post by Berncat »

I have 1 master prefab, and 1 variant of that master.

In a previous post you suggested to right click and enable easy save for Prefab(s) on the master, and then reset the ES3 Prefab script on each variant so that they can be saved using a different PrefabID. I then added an ES3 AutoSave component to the master object as well. In the settings for autosave prefabs, I enabled saving the name, layer, and transform components of both the master and the variant prefabs. When starting the scene, instantiating an instance of those prefabs at runtime, exiting, and re-entering the scene I had that reference error. After manually clicking update reference manager on my scene and trying again after clearing the persistent data, there was no issue and it was saved correctly.

To be clear I have Use Global References, Auto Update References, and Add All Prefabs to Manager checked.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We’ve had no reports of this happening. Please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene and private message it to me with instructions so I can see why the reference wasn’t added.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started