AutoSave Huge Scene Size

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
denemesaga

AutoSave Huge Scene Size

Post by denemesaga »

Hi there, I'm using ES3 Auto Save on my game. My main scene has lots of gameobjects. After some time, I realized that ES3 reference manager causes huge scene file size. I use auto save for only saving one gameobject and its int values on a C# script. Is there a way to decrease that huge reference file size? Thanks in advance.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: AutoSave Huge Scene Size

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Have you pressed the Optimize References button on the ES3ReferenceMgr of the Easy Save 3 Manager?

The reference manager will keep references to things which are in your scene, but there's no way for it to know when things have been deleted. Optimize references will remove anything which isn't currently referenced by your scene.

Alternatively you can uncheck 'Auto update references' and 'Add all prefabs to manager' in Tools > Easy Save 3 > Settings, delete your Easy Save 3 Manager, and then re-add it using Tools > Easy Save 3 > Add Manager to Scene. Then you can right-click your GameObject and select Easy Save 3 > Add references to manager, to add it's references to the manager.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started