restart button

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
GeneAnimate

restart button

Post by GeneAnimate »

Hello good morning, in my game I want to create a button so that when you press it the scene starts from scratch without the EasySave saved path, but that can still continue saving, so that it is like a new game, does anyone know how?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: restart button

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

You can delete the save file using ES3.DeleteFile if this is what you mean.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
GeneAnimate

Post by GeneAnimate »

I've tried, but the only thing it does is that the game restarts and when you enter you can't save anymore, but you stay in the place you saved for the last time, what I want is for the game to reset again, as if you had not saved anything, as if they were a New Game button and a Load Game button
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

If deleting your save data prevents the game from saving then this would indicate an issue in your logic rather than with Easy Save. Are you getting any errors/exceptions?

Please could you replicate this issue in a new project with a very simple scene which isolates the issue to Easy Save and private message it to me with instructions.

All the best,
Joel
GeneAnimate

Post by GeneAnimate »

what I did was create a new project, add a plane, a playercontroller and a circle, I put a code so that when I press "E" in the circle it disappears and it worked, then I created a panel with the 3 buttons, save, load and delete, I put this code for each one to do, the save and load buttons do their job, but the only thing it does is delete the save function, that is, it disables the Save button and the Load button until I export the game again, while my goal is that the Delete button will start from the beginning, without anything saved, as if it were a new game.Image
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Are you saying that ES3.DeleteFile is causing your buttons to change? We’ve had no reports of this and this isn’t the behaviour I’m getting at my end.

Please could you private message me this new project you’ve created with instructions, rather than images of it.

All the best,
Joel
GeneAnimate

Post by GeneAnimate »

Sorry but I'm new here, I don't know how to send private messages, explain me please, while what ES3.deleteFile does is that the Save and Load buttons don't work
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Please send it to me using the contact form at moodkie.com/contact if it’s easier.

Note that you already seem to have sent me a private message earlier today but it only contained images, not a project.

All the best,
Joel
GeneAnimate

Post by GeneAnimate »

It is assumed that I have already sent you the private message, confirm me if it has arrived