Autosave prefab issue

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
pirostd

Autosave prefab issue

Post by pirostd »

Hi!

First of all, thanks for this amazing asset! I've been trying lots of solutions for saves until I found yours. It's perfect!
However, I have a small issue. I'm using autosave feature and sometimes prefabs from autosave are changed automatically and all the toggles go away (except "active"). It happens only with specific prefabs, usually once per day.
I've attached a screenshot so you could better understand what I'm talking about.
It's not a big deal, but it's really annoying, as I have to check those toggles back myself. Could you please give me a hint what could cause such issue? Thanks!

P.S. All prefabs are located in Resources/Prefabs folder if that's important
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
Снимок.PNG (31.33 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Autosave prefab issue

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We’ve had no reports of this and have never seen this at our end. All the Auto Save window does is show the data contained in each GameObject’s ES3AutoSave Component.

If these are being reset then it would indicate an issue with Unity’s Editor serialiser, or another asset which accesses other Components.

If you’re able to replicate the issue I’m happy to look into it further, but without any other information or reports of this issue it’s difficult to know exactly what is happening.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
pirostd

Post by pirostd »

Hi,

I'm using OdinInspector by Sirenix. It's a serializer that allows me to make complicated structures & custom classes be shown in inspector. Maybe it breaks the prefabs. However, I've never had such issue before adding ES3 asset, and most importantly only es3 autosave script loses its data. Is there any way I could prevent this from happening without removing OdinInspector from my project?
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

We don’t do anything unusual with the ES3AutoSave Component and follow Unity’s specification exactly, so the behaviour you’re experiencing would be out of our control, and Unity do not provide us with a way to prevent other assets from accessing or modifying Components.

All the best,
Joel
Aaron_B

Post by Aaron_B »

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Everything except active is cleared on the Auto Save prefabs. This happens when I load the project, check the autosave options, save scene, exit unity. On reload the options are again cleared. Any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by Aaron_B on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arelix

Post by Arelix »

Hello I also have exactly the same problem My prefab autosave reset each time I did not find a pattern to reproduce it and it is only one of my objects which resets I do not see what is special about it compared to others Thank you for your feedback otherwise great tool that saves me a lot of time
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

As above, unfortunately this is not something which is in our control as we can not prevent Editor code from other assets from executing.

All the best,
Joel