Error with URP when importing Easy Save

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
seadou19

Error with URP when importing Easy Save

Post by seadou19 »

For some reason, after importing Easy Save to my project, it no longer compiles, and the error I get is Library\ScriptAssemblies\Unity.RenderPipelines.Core.Editor.dll: Copying the file failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Not sure how to make Easy Save play nice with the other parts of the project that access the Universal Render Pipeline. Any help is appreciated.
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Error with URP when importing Easy Save

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

Easy Save isn't affected by which rendering pipeline you use as it's a save and load asset, so it has nothing to do with rendering.

Nothing in Easy Save uses Unity.RenderPipelines.Core.Editor.dll, and even if an asset uses it, it wouldn't access it directly in a way that would cause the error you're experiencing. I would suggest that his is an error unrelated to Easy Save which just happened to occur at the same time as importing Easy Save. When importing a new asset into a project then it will recompile all scripts in your project, so errors that occur at this point aren't necessarily to do with the asset you just imported.

Judging by the error this would be an issue with Unity itself and Unity is the only thing which will usually directly access the Unity DLLs. It could also be something like your anti-virus scanning the DLL, preventing Unity from accessing it. However, as these issues would be unrelated to us then I recommend seeking assistance on the Unity forums or contact Unity directly.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started