Prefab auto-saving is crashing

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
nayutalienx

Prefab auto-saving is crashing

Post by nayutalienx »

When I try to save the game it crashes, here is the log. Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 5433803739472496113
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <605bf8b31fcb444b85176da963870aa7>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <605bf8b31fcb444b85176da963870aa7>:0)
ES3Internal.ES3Prefab.GetReferences () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3Prefab.cs:67)
ES3Types.ES3Type_ES3PrefabInternal.Write (System.Object obj, ES3Writer writer) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3Prefab.cs:173)
ES3Writer.Write (System.Object value, ES3Types.ES3Type type, ES3+ReferenceMode memberReferenceMode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:230)
ES3Writer.WriteProperty (System.String name, System.Object value, ES3Types.ES3Type type, ES3+ReferenceMode memberReferenceMode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:295)
ES3Writer.WriteProperty (System.String name, System.Object value, ES3Types.ES3Type type) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:285)
ES3Types.ES3Type_GameObject.WriteObject (System.Object obj, ES3Writer writer, ES3+ReferenceMode mode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Unity Types/ES3Type_GameObject.cs:34)
ES3Writer.Write (System.Object value, ES3Types.ES3Type type, ES3+ReferenceMode memberReferenceMode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:228)
ES3Types.ES3ArrayType.Write (System.Object obj, ES3Writer writer, ES3+ReferenceMode memberReferenceMode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Types/Collection Types/ES3ArrayType.cs:26)
ES3Writer.Write (System.Object value, ES3Types.ES3Type type, ES3+ReferenceMode memberReferenceMode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:211)
ES3Writer.WriteProperty (System.String name, System.Object value, ES3Types.ES3Type type, ES3+ReferenceMode memberReferenceMode) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:295)
ES3Writer.Write (System.Type type, System.String key, System.Object value) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:142)
ES3Writer.Write[T] (System.String key, System.Object value) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Writers/ES3Writer.cs:129)
ES3.Save[T] (System.String key, T value, ES3Settings settings) (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/ES3.cs:111)
ES3AutoSaveMgr.Save () (at Assets/Plugins/Easy Save 3/Scripts/Auto Save/ES3AutoSaveMgr.cs:91)
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Prefab auto-saving is crashing

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

I've not seen this error before. Firstly I'll send over our upcoming update to see if this happens to resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, please could you create a minimal project which replicates this and send me a link to it on moodkie.com/contact.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
nayutalienx

Re: Prefab auto-saving is crashing

Post by nayutalienx »

In general, I overcame this problem: I wrapped the addition in try-catch and found out the prefab that was conflicting, then I removed it from the autosave menu and checked the box again and the problem disappeared.

To reproduce this problem, you can try to significantly change the prefab that has already been added to the autosave (for example, add some script to it and delete some existing one)