Unable to load data after re-entering game mode.

Discussion and help for Easy Save 3
GT.O

Unable to load data after re-entering game mode.

Post by GT.O »

Hey,

I'm testing if this asset can save a polymorphic data dictionary. it can load and save data normally after firstly entering the game.
1.png
1.png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 554 times
But when I re-entered game mode and tried to load the previous data, the editor reported an error and I had no idea what the problem was
2.png
2.png (6.1 KiB) Viewed 554 times
3.png
3.png (48.99 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Re: Unable to load data after re-entering game mode.

Post by Joel »

Hi there,

This error usually means that your save data contains a type which no longer exists. In this case deleting your save data (Tools > Easy Save 3 > Clear Persistent Data Path) will resolve the issue.

All the best,
Joel
Joel @ Moodkie Interactive
Purchase Easy Save | Contact | Guides | Docs | Getting started
GT.O

Post by GT.O »

Joel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:01 am Hi there,

This error usually means that your save data contains a type which no longer exists. In this case deleting your save data (Tools > Easy Save 3 > Clear Persistent Data Path) will resolve the issue.

All the best,
Joel
Hey,

If only the same type of data can be saved to a file, because I have previously saved a different type of data in this file, and this data type exists in the project. When I cleaned up that data in this save file, everything went back to normal
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Hi there,
If only the same type of data can be saved to a file, because I have previously saved a different type of data in this file, and this data type exists in the project
I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence. Please could you clarify?
GT.O

Post by GT.O »

Joel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 am Hi there,
If only the same type of data can be saved to a file, because I have previously saved a different type of data in this file, and this data type exists in the project
I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence. Please could you clarify?
Hey,

I mean can different types of data be saved in one file? Because I can load the data normally after I delete the different types of data in the savefile
Joel
Moodkie Staff

Post by Joel »

Different types of data can be saved to the same file, and you can overwrite a key with a different type. However, the error in your case was likely that you're loading a type which no longer exists.

If this is not the case please could you replicate this in a new project with a simple scene and send it to me on moodkie.com/contact along with step-by-step instructions.

All the best,
Joel